Monday, March 10, 2008

success!


After moping around for a good three days thinking there was NO way I was going to be able to knit anything worthwhile for Baby McGormley before next weekend's shower, I happened upon the baby papoose. Perhaps there was no way I was going to be able to knit the Big Bad Baby Blanket in a mere 2 weeks, but a giant garter-stitch rectangle I could manage. And by golly, in just over 20 hours of knitting, I managed!

Overall, I'm happy with how it turned out. The colors are going to match their nursery perfectly, and are fairly gender-neutral so Kate can totally bust it out again if she ever has a baby girl. I love that it's cotton, so it can be machine-washed and dried. It's quite snuggly, yet it will stay nice and cool for the summer. I just hope she likes it!

I'm still planning on knitting a hat with some of the leftover yellow yarn.

In the meantime, on to my next project - this one's going to be for me. A pretty tank with a lotus-blossom lace pattern knit in a cotton/hemp blend. Here's hoping I can finish it in time for summer...

More papoose!


(Aw, doesn't Eartha look sweet? She doesn't look like the type of kitten that would step on your eye and nearly blind you while you're trying to catch a couple of extra ZZZs in bed on a Saturday morning, does she?)


5 comments:

J. Rocker said...

get on the adult papoose already!

Maryanne said...

I don't believe that sweet cat would do such a thing.............

Maryanne said...

That papoose is fantastic!

J. Rocker said...

I think you should work on getting that tank done for Jamaica, mon!

Julie said...

Joanna I am so impressed at your skills! Your kitty is cute too!